WhatsApp introduces its own “avatar” feature to assist users in creating a self-portrait image. This is good news for users who like using fun stickers in WhatsApp chats to spice up the way we interact with friends and loved ones. If you’d like to know how to create WhatsApp avatars and use them in WhatsApp chats, this page has you covered.
What exactly is a WhatsApp avatar?
WhatsApp Avatars, in a nutshell, are a new feature that allows you to create your own look-alike image. In other words, it is a digital version of you in cartoon form, or a visual representation of a person for use in digital contexts.
An avatar is a picture that you upload to your social profile, website, or blog to introduce yourself to others. It serves as the best way for others to identify you. Personalized avatars are one of the most effective ways to express one’s personality, and you can express yourself with an avatar on WhatsApp.
How to create WhatsApp Avatar on Android and iPhone
Here, I will walk you through how to create an avatar on WhatsApp. One piece of good news is that you can use your Android or iOS device to create WhatsApp avatars. The process is simple and easy. However, you must know where to find the avatar feature before you can use it.
If you are ready create WhatsApp avatars, follow the steps below:
- First, you must download or update your WhatsApp app to the latest version on your Phone.
- Then, open your WhatsApp app and tap on settings. On Android, the settings tab is the 3 dotted lines in the top right corner of the app. While on iPhone device, the setting tab is the gear icon on the bottom corner right of the app.
- Tap on Avatars to load it.
- To create WhatsApp Avatar, tap edit
- Select the skin tone for your avatar and tap next.
- Choose your hair style, hair colour, face shape, eye shape, eye color, eye make up, eyebrows.
- Customize your Avatar to your taste. There are many other features you can choose from to make your avatar special. You can even change the nose shape, mouth & lips colour, face shape/ markings/ lines, facial hair & colour, earrings, and more.
- Once you are done customizing your avatar, tap “Done” to create WhatsApp Avatar on your phone.
- Finally, tap on “Next” to reach the Avatar section in the app once again.
Please note: You can always edit your avatar whenever you feel like doing so. Perhaps you’ve changed your appearance and would like your avatar to match. To edit your avatar, head back to Settings, tap on “avatars,” tap on “edit avatar” or the pencil icon, make the changes you want, and save it.
How to use Avatar as Your WhatsApp Profile Photo
Now that you have learned how to create a WhatsApp avatar and have created your own avatar, the next thing is to learn how to use your avatar as your WhatsApp profile photo.
The good news is, it is super easy to do. Nevertheless, I will walk you through by showing you how to upload your avatar as your WhatsApp profile photo. go about doing that below
To use Avatar as your WhatsApp profile photo, follow the steps below.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Edit next to your profile photo.
- Select “Use Avatar” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the avatar shape you want to use and tap the check mark to update your profile picture.
How to Use WhatsApp Avatars in Chats
After you’ve created your WhatsApp avatar, you can send it to others as a sticker. Using an avatar in WhatsApp chat brings the best excitement. Here’s how to use avatars in WhatsApp conversations:
- Open a WhatsApp conversation and tap the “sticker” icon in the text bar on your iPhone or the emoji icon in the text bar on Android.
- At the bottom, you’ll see the WhatsApp avatar icon. It is located near the GIF and sticker options. Select the Avatar icon.
- There are several WhatsApp Avatar stickers based on emotions such as love, sadness, anger, and others. Choose your emotion and send the appropriate sticker. Based on your Avatar, you can select from over 36 avatar stickers.
- Alternatively, you can go to settings, tap on avatars, choose “Browse Stickers,” select the one you want to send, and then use the forward icon to share the avatar stickers with your friends and loved ones.
How to Delete Whatsapp Avatar
So, like you, I enjoy the avatars. If, for whatever reason, you no longer want to keep your avatar, here’s how to delete it in a few quick and easy steps.
- Open the app and go to Settings.
- Select Avatar.
- Select Delete Avatar.
- You can now proceed by selecting Delete.
- I believe you now understand everything there is to know about the stunning new WhatsApp feature known as WhatsApp avatar. If you have any questions about Whatsapp avatars, please leave them in the comments section below.