What a great deal! You’ve got products you want to sell globally. Do you know you can sell successfully on Amazon from Nigeria? Amazon is a great window to take your new product to the rest of the world. And if you’re ready to take that next step with Amazon, here is a quick guide to starting to sell on Amazon.
Prior to today, the Amazon Seller App was only available to people living in the USA. This makes it impossible to sell on Amazon if you are not living in the USA. However, things have changed completely, and now Nigeria is listed among Amazon seller countries. Hence, you can now easily sell on Amazon from your country home.
Amazon Seller Countries List
In the table below, Nigeria in the list of countries currently accepted to register for selling on Amazon.
Note that, there are hundreds of Amazon approved countries not listed in the table above.
How to Sell on Amazon Successfully
There are several steps you must take before you can successfully sell on Amazon from anywhere in the world. So get ready as we begin exploring them.
Choose Your Selling Plan
Sure, Amazon is not a free eCommerce site. In every single service plan you opt for, you pay a service fee for it. There are two (2) Amazon selling plans:
- Individual plan: The Individual plan costs $0.99 per item you sell and is good for you if:
- You sell fewer than 40 units a month
- You’re still deciding what to sell
- You don’t plan to advertise or use advanced selling tools
- Professional plan: The Professional plan costs $39.99 per month, no matter how many items you sell. Go for this plan if you want to:
- sell more than 40 units a month.
- Advertise your products.
- Qualify for top placement on product detail pages.
- Use advanced selling tools, like APIs and reports
- Sell products in restricted categories
Note that for both selling plans, Amazon also collects a referral fee on each sale as a percentage of the total transaction, which varies by product category. Visit the pricing page for a summary of selling fees and to sign up for a selling plan.
Consider Your Selling Strategy
Selling strategy refers to how you want to sell on Amazon. That is to say, which product do you want to sell? However, there are two (2) strategies through which you can sell on Amazon successfully from Nigeria.
- Reseller: You can sell on Amazon as a reseller, all you need to do is to find popular products that already exist and offer them in Amazon’s stores.
- Brand owner: If you owned a brand or manufacture your own products, you can sell them on Amazon. You can as well source goods to sell under a private label and offer shoppers a unique price.
You can choose the selling strategy that works best for your goals. If you plan to sell your own brands on Amazon, there are lots of resources and tools that can help you out.
Create Amazon Seller Account to Sell on Amazon
You need an Amazon seller account to sell on Amazon. Use your business email to create a new Amazon seller account. But if you have a customer account, you can also use it to start selling on Amazon.
But before you create an Amazon seller account, you need the following:
- Business email address or Amazon customer account
- Chargeable credit card
- Government ID (identity verification protects sellers and customers)
- Tax information
- Phone number
- A bank account where Amazon can send you proceeds from your sales
Add Your products to Sell on Amazon
After you create your Amazon seller account, the next thing to do is add the products you want to sell on Amazon. What you sell on Amazon depends on the product, the category, and the brand.
According to Amazon, not all categories are open to all sellers; some require a professional seller account and approval to sell. This includes products that cannot be sold by third-party sellers.
Attract Customers to Your Amazon Store
After you add products to your Amazon store, it goes live. Once your products go live in Amazon’s stores, there are a number of things you can do to attract customers. The Amazon Flywheel describes all the best methods for driving growth to your store.
Go Mobile with Amazon seller app
The Amazon Seller app helps you do lots of stuff on your Amazon store. Use the mobile seller app to:
- Track sales
- Fulfill orders
- Find products to sell
- Respond to customer questions
- Capture and edit product photos to professional-quality
- Even create listings
All of these can be done from your phone with Amazon seller app.