This page teaches you how to connect a Chromebook to a smart TV wirelessly without HDMI. We also show you how to connect your Chromebook to a smart TV using the HDMI port. And you can stream video content from your Chromebook to your home appliances.
Chromebook is a new type of computer designed to run the Chrome Operating System (OS). It is the best of Google’s built-in OS, with cloud storage and multiple layers of security to help you get things done faster and easier.
Just like we mentioned in the introduction above, on this blog, you’ll learn how to connect a Chromebook to a smart TV with or without HDMI. You will also learn how to connect Chromecast with a Chromebook.
How to Connect a Chromebook to Smart TV Wireless
You can connect a Chromebook to a smart TV wirelessly via Bluetooth devices. The Bluetooth feature is what enables you to connect your Chromebook to any smart TVs and any other external accessories like:
To connect a Chromebook to a Smart Tv , follow the steps below:
- Check if your Chromebook works with Bluetooth. To know if your Chromebook works with Bluetooth device, first:
- Put on Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- If you see Bluetooth, then, your Chromebook works with Bluetooth.
- Pair Your Chromebook with Bluetooth accessory. You can pair your Chromebook by:
- Going to the bottom right of your Chromebook and select the time.
- You will see the Bluetooth icon, select Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth to enable it if it’s off.
- Select the accessory you want to connect with your Chromebook.
- Now look under Paired devices to check if your accessory is connected,
To turn off the Bluetooth, do the followings:
- Go to the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Bluetooth .
- Turn off Bluetooth.
Fix Bluetooth problems
Sometimes, you may have trouble using a Bluetooth device with your Chromebook. Don’t panic; there are a few steps that can help resolve them:
- First, check for system updates for any available updates, install them if available.
- Turn the Bluetooth off, then put it on back.
- Turn your Chromebook off, then put it on back.
- If the problems still persist, contact your Chromebook manufacturer or your Bluetooth device’s manufacturer.
How to Connect a Chromebook to TV With HDMI
If your Chromebook has an HDMI port, you can connect it to aTV using an HDMI cable.
To connect via HDMI:
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into your Chromebook.
- Insert the opposite end of the HDMI cable into your TV using the HDMI ports on the back or sides of your TV screen.
- Boot up your Chromebook.
- Turn on the TV and select the right HDMI input channel.
Once you select the HDMI input, the Chromebook window will appear on your TV. However, in order to see the entire screen, you must make the following settings:
- Go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and select clock.
- Select the Settings gear.
- Scroll down to the Device section and select Displays.
How to Connect Chromecast with your Chromebook
Chromebooks have built-in support for Chromecast devices. However, for Chromecast to work on your Chromebook, you’ll need a Chromecast device.
You’d first need to set up Chromecast on your TV before casting to your screen. Once that is done, follow these steps to cast your screen:
- Turn on your TV
- Change the input on your TV until the Chromecast home appears on your TV screen.
- Sign in to your Chromebook account from on your Chromebook.
- Select the clock in the Chromebook shelf, then select Cast.
- Choose your Chromecast device.
- Select your desktop in the pop-up window, then select Share.